Monitoring the implementation of Recommendation cm / rec (2010) 5 of the Committee of Ministers on measures to combat discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity (2018)
In 2018, the Council of Europe undertakes a review of the implementation of the Recommendation in the Member States, examining the changes resulting from its implementation that each country has implemented.
In parallel with the official review, non-governmental organizations were invited by the Council of Europe to carry out a parallel study and to produce a follow-up report.
- Sending out letters to public authorities to inform about the monitoring process and methodology and invitation to meet and participate in the study.
- Meetings with representatives of public authorities in order to provide additional information on the monitoring process.
- Dissemination of a questionnaire developed by the Council of Europe addressing the implementation of the Recommendation to public authorities.
- Collecting of completed questionnaires with official replies from public authorities.
- Preparing a report and sending it to the Council of Europe.
- Dissemination of the report and the recommendations included in it to improve the situation of LGBTI people in Bulgaria at national level; social media awareness campaign and final event
Bilitis Resource Center Foundation
Youth LGBT Organization Deystvie
Soon the report will be available online.