Bleeding Love: Raising Awareness on Domestic and Dating Violence Against Lesbians and Transwomen in the European Union (2015 )
A European project covering 9 EU countries, with a leading organization, University of Brescia, Italy.
- Collecting detailed information on cases of domestic violence and dating violence against lesbians and trans women in Bulgaria, as well as in partner countries
- Collecting and analysis of information on good practices related to violence prevention and awareness raising among lesbians and trans women.
- Publishing handbooks for lawyers, healthcare professionals and public administration employees who deal with the problem.
- Survey: Conducting 40 quality interviews with LBT women, victims of domestic violence, or dating violence. Interviews with experts from support centers for victims of domestic and gender-based violence.
- Analysis on the data and report on the topic.
- Community events aimed at informing the LGBTI people about the issue of domestic violence and dating violence among women in the queer community.
- Final conference to present the collected data from the 9 project partners.
Within the project, two short films were made exploring the violence against LBT women:
You can read the survey report here.
Bilitis Resource Center Foundation, Bulgaria
LITHUANIAN GAY LEAGUE, Lithuania
ILGA PORTUGAL, Portugal
BROKEN RAINBOW, UK
ZAGREB PRIDE, Croatia
HÁTTÉR TÁRSASÁG, Hungary
AVVOCATURA PER I DIRITTI LGBTI, Italy
UNIVERSITÀ DEGLI STUDI DI BRESCIA, Spain